Patagonian Expedition Race®
Registration for the 2024 edition (22 October – 01 November, 2024) will open soon!
Included in Registration Payment
|Registration Includes:||Registration DOES NOT Include:|
Documents and Certifications
- Submit all of the following documents and certifications:
- A medical certificate (not older than 6 months) by a qualified physician (for all team members).
- A certificate emitted by a qualified instructor, school or institution proving that the participant has knowledge and experience in sea kayaking (for at least one of the team members).
- Certification of their knowledge and experience with handling ropes, including crossing rivers, abseiling and rappel, fixed rope descending and ascending with mechanical ascenders.
- A certificate of first-aid knowledge emitted by a recognized institution (for at least one member).
- A digital copy of an international health insurance with full medical and hospital coverage in Chile in the event of an accident.
Withdrawals from the Race
There are two options available for refunds:
- The team can either elect to receive, within 30 days of notification, a refund of 50% of the total payment paid. Meaning, should a team have paid 50% of the total registration and then be unable to participate, the team could be refunded 25% of the 50% paid.
- The team could also elect to credit 100% of the total paid towards the next edition. There would be no refund given, but, should a team choose neither to participate nor a 50% refund, it would only be available for the next edition. Should a team only have paid 50% to guarantee their team’s spot in the race, the same rule would apply, meaning the entire amount would be credited towards the next edition.
Should a team withdrawal from the race after the specified date, there will be no refund given. A team has the option of finding a replacement member for their team, dependent upon still fulfilling the aforementioned team requirements; however, should the team be unable to acquire a replacement, 75% of the previously paid total will be credited towards the next edition. If not used for the next edition, it will be lost.
Inability to Participate in the Race
- Reasons for not being able to participate in the race:
- The team does not have all the mandatory equipment listed.
- The team has not provided all the previous experience and certificates that certify their technical expertise and state of health compatible with the physical demands of this type of race.
- That one or more of the team members fails to present the practical evaluation of specific disciplines, such as sea kayaking and ropes.
- That one or more members of the team do not present the insurance required in article 15 of present regulations.
*Note: A team’s registration entails that each member has throughly read the event’s Rules and Regulations.