2016 Patagonian Expedition Teams
February 13 – 26, 2016
Documents and Certifications
- Submit all of the following documents and certifications BEFORE December 31, 2015:
- A medical certificate (not older than 6 months) by a qualified physician (for all team members).
- A certificate emitted by a qualified instructor, school or institution proving that the participant has knowledge and experience in sea kayaking (for at least one of the team members).
- Certification of their knowledge and experience with handling ropes, including crossing rivers, abseiling and rappel, fixed rope descending and ascending with mechanical ascenders.
- A certificate of first-aid knowledge emitted by a recognized institution (for at least one member).
- A digital copy of an international health insurance with full medical and hospital coverage in Chile in the event of an accident.
- Registration fee refunds will not be given. If for any reason a team cancels its participation in the race prior to:
- July 31, 2015: 75% of the registration fee will be carried forward to the following year. This does not guarantee an entry slot in the next race.
- December 31, 2015: 25% of the registration fee will be carried forward to the following year. This does not guarantee an entry slot in the next race.
Withdrawals from the Race
The registration fee will not be reimbursed if a team should decide not to compete or withdraws from the race once the registration procedure has begun.
Inability to Participate in the Race
- Reasons for not being able to participate in the race:
- The team does not have all the mandatory equipment listed.
- The team has not provided all the previous experience and certificates that certify their technical expertise and state of health compatible with the physical demands of this type of race.
- That one or more of the team members fails to present the practical evaluation of specific disciplines, such as sea kayaking and ropes.
- That one or more members of the team do not present the insurance required in article 15 of present regulations.
*Note: A team’s registration entails that each member has throughly read the event’s Rules and Regulations.